I’ve been reading the book of Job lately and it is with new eyes. Eyes of trial. Here’s some observations:
- It was Job’s friends and family that could’ve been his closest support that were his biggest nemesis.
- Where were Job’s friends when his children died? Why did they only come when he himself was knocked down?
- At the sniff of blood the vultures gather
- “What he feared, happened.”
- Eliphaz was a jerk. His opening statements were infuriating. Yet God offered forgiveness in the end to the extent that Job would pray for him and his friends.
- It was only “After Job Prayed” for them and forgave them that God blessed Job’s life. I think forgiveness would have been challenging when friends pour salt in your wounds. But Job did and God blessed him.