The Letter to the Galatians
Paul’s First Missionary Journey was a labor of love, but things went sideways quickly. False teachers connected with these new believers and pitted them against Paul. They taught the believers of Galatia a works-based gospel centering around circumcision and not the grace of Christ.
In emergency mode Paul crafts the strongest letter we have ever seen from this Apostle. Using every mode possible to wake them up to the reality, Paul teaches, defends and exhort the gospel of Christ.
In this course you will gain an understanding of those issues and how Paul responded to them. Then we will dive into the teaching he presents and how it connects with the promises of Abraham that are met out in Christ. Lastly we will cover Paul’s exhortations and proclamations of life, liberty and the pursuit of Jesus.
- Corporate Hunger that Births a Journey – Background of Galatians – Acts 13:1-4
- Adding a Disciple in the Rough: Cousin John Mark – Acts 13:4
- A Divine Appointment that Rerouted their Journey – Acts 13:4-12
- A Crisis Brewing – Galatians
- Warming Up to the Jolt – Gal 1:1-5
- Warning: Shock Delivered – Gal 1:6-10
- Seriously? You Think I’m Trying to Please Men? – Gal 1:11-24
- Christ, the Commands & The Circumcision – Gal 2:1-5
- ‘I am Not Lesser’ – Gal 2:6-10